How to use this form

This form can be used by University of Brighton students to submit a disclosure about an incident(s) of harassment, discrimination, violence or abuse. Information about the different types of incident you can disclose can be found on our student disclosure webpage.

  • There are two ways you can disclose an incident: anonymous, or with your name so we can put you in touch with a trained Disclosure Response Advisor.
  • You can make a disclosure about an incident(s) that happened to you, on behalf of another student (with their knowledge) or an incident you have witnessed.
  • Members of staff at the University of Brighton can also make a disclosure on behalf of a student with their knowledge.
  • If you are a member of the public or ex-student/graduate and would like to make a disclosure about a University of Brighton student, please do not complete this form. Instead, please contact the university's Student Disciplinary Team at
  • ​​If you give your name, an advisor will contact you and offer support. Further information about the support the team provides can be found on our student disclosure webpage. The advisor will respond as soon as possible. Our response will be between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). If you complete the online form after 4pm please note that this will not be attended to until the following week day.
  • Making a disclosure will not initiate a formal report or complaint to the university authorities. If you give your name, a Disclosure Response Advisor will take you through your options for reporting so that you can make an informed decision. Any information you provide will be kept confidential within the Student Wellbeing Team. Your information will only be disclosed outside the team in exceptional circumstances - for example, if we are concerned for your or someone else's safety or welfare. See the next page of the form for further information about Confidentiality and Data Protection.
  • If you make an anonymous disclosure, the Disclosure Response Team will not be able to respond directly. However, we will use the data you provide to help us understand what kind of incidents are taking place in our university community and support us to take positive action.


This online disclosure form is not an emergency response service. If you or someone else is in immediate danger, or if emergency assistance is required, and you are in the UK: CALL 999.

If you are on university premises, you should also call the university emergency number 01273 642222 to inform site staff.

See the university's Emergency Contacts page for further information.